Free Legal Education Course on Housing for people with complex needs
Law For Life is running this free course (end of November into December) aimed at community groups and frontline workers supporting people in precarious housing.
The course is for community groups and frontline workers who deal with or support people in precarious housing situations. It focuses particularly on the challenges faced by people with complex needs in securing and maintaining tenancies.
* The course is basic and doesn’t require any prior legal knowledge or technical training.
- Friday 22nd Nov 10am—3.30pm: Introduction and basics of tenancies
- Monday 25th Nov 1pm—5pm: Benefits for tenants with complex needs
- Thursday 28th Nov 1pm—5pm: Dealing with disrepairs
- Friday 6th Dec 10am—3.30pm: Dealing with Section 21 evictions
- Friday 13th Dec 10am—4pm: Dealing with local authorities in the context of homelessness
- Friday 20th Dec 10am—4pm: Living in temporary accommodation
PRACTICAL INFO: Attendance is free of charge but we require attendance to all or most sessions.
Location: Wheatsheaf Hall, Wheatsheaf lane, Vauxhall, Lambeth, SW8 2UP. Limited spaces available. Register by 30th October. Priority will be given to community groups. For info and to register: email@example.com